Monday, July 27, 2015

Melon Madness Summer Salad - Recipe of the Week


We like to eat.
We like to eat A LOT. I'm assuming you do too or you wouldn't have made your way to our page.
So let me officially welcome you..

Welcome to NUBody Nutritons Recipe of the Week Blog! 
Each week we'll hand pick a healthy recipe, prep it, cook it, EAT it and then post it for your viewing.

Our first foodie offering to you is....
Melon Madness Summer Salad

Now, before you get all crazy on me.. let me admit. I, myself, was a little skeptical when Doug suggested the ingredients. I literally thought, "I'm going to have to gag this down with a smile on my face so I don't hurt his feelings." But oh hunny... I was so horribly wrong. This is BY far, the BEST salad I've ever had with fruit incorporated in it. The sweet watermelon paired with the pungent bleu cheese.... Oh yeah, you'll like this one. Trust me.

So back to the salad. This is PERFECT if you're getting home late and need to throw something together quick. This took NO time to prep and half as much time to ingest. (This might be because I wasn't breathing while I was shoveling it in.. but that's neither here nor there. Let's just leave it at - it was good.)

So, here we go!













Ingredients:
Chicken Breast
Salt
Pepper
Wild Blueberry Bourbon Sauce
Watermelon
Salad
Bleu Cheese
Watermelon Vinaigrette
.... THAT'S IT!



Look at those hot pieces of...


First you need to decide how you're going to cook your chicken. We are GRILLERS. We grill everything. If we could grill cake, we would. Just how things go in our house.. so it was a no brainer for us. The bird was gettin' thrown to the fire. (You can bake. Pan fry. Microwave - not recommended. Whatever cooks your chicken.)



Sweet baby chicken..






After you've decided how you're going to prep the bird,
you need to season it. There is a LOT of flavor from
the watermelon and bleu cheese so I wouldn't overdue
the seasoning. Doug simply seasoned to taste with
salt and pepper and then smothered the chicken in
some Blueberry Bourbon Sauce we picked up from HEB.
Feel free to use whatever you have on hand!




Do you hear the angels singing?






Now.. the process of making this was SO fast...
OK, we were SO hungry that this was all the
prep pictures we got.. but all you missed was
Doug cutting up some watermelon and slicing
the chicken. (And eating the watermelon..
and some of the chicken.. and licking his fingers.
Go ahead.
Visualize it.
You're welcome.)

Anyhoo! Cut up the protein.
Cut up the fruit and BAM!
You have a salad that looks something like this.






Didn't hear the angels? Here... listen a little closer.


And VOILA! Melon Madness Summer Salad.

Now, onward fellow foodies. Go forth and embrace the bleu cheese! 
Until next week, we leave you with a full tummy and an empty plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment